The Brightness Of Spring... For The Dark Days Of Winter
Light, like water and air, is essential to our well-being. Studies have shown
that during fall and winter about 20% of the population is affected by fatigue,
irritability, anxiety, weight gain, social withdrawal, and a lack of alertness.
Most affected are those living in northern latitudes and in frequently overcast
areas, especially during the shortened fall and winter days. About 75% of those
affected are women.
Our body has a very distinct 24 hour cycle. This cycle is controlled by bright
light (the sun). Shift workers, travelers crossing several time zones, people
with certain sleep disorders, often feel "out of sorts" because their daily
cycle is "out of sync"
with the sun.
The Aurora Full Spectrum Light System has been engineered for those who have
shown to be adversely affected by the lack of natural sunlight, due to
inadequate exposure of their living and work space during the dark and
depressing Fall and Winter months.
Benefits Of Aurora Full Spectrum Light Box - The closest simulation to natural
• Often Prescribed As A Treatment For Seasonal Affective Disorder
• Can Be Used While Performing Other Tasks
• Uses The Latest High Power And High C.R.I. Fluorescent Technology To Best
Simulate The Sun's Rays. (Lumiram, High Lumen Output, With Patented Unique
Phosphor Blend Full Spectrum Fluorescents, 110 Watt, 20,000 Hours.
• Provides 10,000 Lux Of Bright, Color Balanced, Sun-Like Ray's At A Distance Of
36" (12,000 Lux At 24"), Which, Unlike Most Other Light Boxes, Does Not Require
Close Sitting. Note: Lux is a unit used to measure light intensity. Indoor light levels range from
200 to 700 lux, while outdoor light levels, on a sunny spring day, range from
2,000 to well beyond 10,000 lux.
• Utilizes An Advanced Flicker-Free High Power Factor Electronic Ballast For Long
Term Efficiency And Reliable Operation.
• Equipped With A Special Prismatic Lens For Comfortable, Glare-Free Light
• Safe - Shields From Harmful Uv And Electromagnetic Radiation
Features Of Aurora Full Spectrum Light Box:
• Compact Size, Lightweight (only 10 lbs.measures 12 1/2 x 23 x 3 7/8)
• Easy To Carry With Handle
• Made In The U.S.A.-U.L Listed
(Lumiram Full Spectrum Lamps made in Germany)
• Uses only 110 watts • Tube Life: 20,000 Hrs.
• Lifetime Warranty on parts and labor- 2 years on bulbs
item #801 only 289.00
Aurora Replacement Bulb
item #850 21.95
Consult with your therapist or physician for recommended use of light therapy.
Some insurance companies may reimburse the cost of a lightbox, if prescribed.