Silica is responsible for cross-linking collagen strands which contributes to
the strength, integrity, and flexibility of connective tissues such as those
found in skin, bones, nails, and arteries. Silicon is also important for the
growth of hair, skin and fingernails.
Benefits Of Silica
• Prevents Deformities in Bones: Silicon has been found to play a vital role in assisting calcium for the growth
and maintenance of joints and bones.
• Prevents Alopecia: Alopecia, or thinning of hair, is caused due to the intake of a refined diet
that lacks nutrients, specifically silicon. The health benefits of silicon
encourage the growth of thick and healthy hair. It also increases the luster
and shine of hair.
• Maintains Skin Appearance: Silicon prevents the skin from becoming flabby and restores the natural glow of
the skin. It helps in brightening the eyes as well. It also prevents several
serious skin problems.
• Helps the Healing Process: Silicon plays a key role in protection against many diseases like tuberculosis
and the others which are related to mucous membranes. It also helps in
increasing the healing rate during fractures.
• Prevents Aluminum Toxicity: It has been found that higher amounts of aluminum are found in the brain lesions
of patients suffering from the Alzheimer’s disease. It has been discovered that silicon, through its bonding with
aluminum, prevents the absorption of the latter in the gastrointestinal tract,
and can reduce the signs and symptoms of aluminum toxicity.
• Restores Mucosa: The health benefits of silicon include the restoration of mucosa of the
respiratory tract if the body is suffering from dehydration.
• Prevents Brittle Nails: Silicon plays a very significant role in the maintenance of nail health. Silicon
helps in improving the quality of nails and protecting them against several
nail infections so your fingers remain attractive and strong.
• Helps Strengthen Bones: Silicon is necessary for the maintenance of skeletal health. It elevates the
deposition of different minerals like calcium in the bone tissues.
• Prevents Atherosclerosis: The formation of hard plaque in the arteries causes atherosclerosis. It further
leads to the obstruction of blood flow as the scar tissue and oxidized
cholesterol inhibits the circulation of blood.
Solgar Oceanic Silica Vegetable Capsules
Solgar Oceanic Silica provides Silica naturally sourced from red algae. This
well absorbed form of
Silica is also a rich source of trace minerals. It is important for strong healthy connective tissue such as skin, hair, nails,
joints and bone due to its role in collagen production. Silica provides
structural stability and strength to all body tissues.
Silica obtained from marine-derived Red Algae Powder (Lithothamnium coralloides)
is a source of the natural trace element silicon. Silicon is found in many
unrefined grains and in some seafood sources, including mussels. Silicon intake
has been positively associated with bone health.
FREE OF: Gluten, Wheat, Dairy, Soy, Yeast, Sugar, Sodium, Artificial Flavor,
Sweetener, Preservatives and Color.
50 ct. item #501 9.50
Directions: As a dietary supplement for adults, take two (2) vegetable capsules daily,
preferably at mealtimes, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medication or have a medical condition,
please consult your healthcare practitioner before taking any dietary
supplement. Keep out of reach of children. Store in a cool, dry place.
Soglar's KOF-K certification #K-1250
Oceanic Silica Ingredients:
Calcium 200 mg
Silica (Lithothamnium coralloides) (from red algae powder,
50 mg elemental silicon) 108 mcg
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Vegetable Cellulose, Silica, Vegetable Magnesium